By Funmi Fetto
The spider lash might appear over the top – but it will make you feel better. Plus, home hair colour and top-down beauty
Of course this Liza Minnelli-esque ode (Marc Jacobs SS20) is excessive. And totally unsuitable for Zoom calls. But extreme times call for extreme measures. And seeing as Marc Jacobs touts it as “a celebration of life and optimism”, let’s go there. Creating the spider lash itself isn’t overly ambitious; it’s just mascara layered over falsies. Matt but plump skin is key, so overdose on a hydrating serum. Use a coloured eyeliner to create a fresher winged eye and add a dot of highlighter in the corner. Complete with a natural lip. The skinny and bleached brows? Ignore. They rarely translate in real life.
1. Tatti Lashes TL3 Faux Me Lashes £9, tattilashes.com
2. Charlotte Tilbury Rock ‘n’ Kohl in Elizabeth Violet £19, charlottetilbury.com
3. Dior Hydra Life Matte Dew Hydration £49, dior.com
4. Anastasia Beverly Hills Lash Brag Volumizing Mascara £26, anastasiabeverlyhills.com
5. Kjaer Weis Nude, Naturally Lipstick in Sincere £44, cultbeauty.co.uk