By Funmi Fetto
Go all out with colour coordination. Plus, a lipstick to survive Christmas kisses, and the Pat McGrath and Star Wars collaboration
Lovers of rules will tell you matching your makeup to your clothes is old-school. The modern approach is to throw a mishmash of things together and adopt an “I woke up like this” insouciance. Where’s the fun in that? Matchy-matchy makeup is perfect for Christmas. The secret to a brilliant execution is in this Valentino AW19 Couture look. Go for a single statement lip or eye in a bright, jewelled colour and adapt your sartorial choice accordingly. And, for now, enjoy.
1. By Marian Newman Nail Colour £15, mybeautybrand.com
2. Urban Decay Moondust Palette £36.50, urbandecay.co.uk
3. Glossier Play Colorslide Eyeliner £13, glossier.com
4. Dolce & Gabbana The Blush £48, harrods.com
5. LA Girl Volumatic Mascara £7, beautybay.com