By Funmi Fetto
Try a thick black eyeliner and dark red lips for an antidote to the festive look
Twinning the winged eye and dark lip, as per Louis Vuitton AW19, is a nonchalant, sparkle-free antidote to a “festive look”. But it requires a level of mastery. The oxblood lips and matte skin (minus comatose finish)? Pah, easy. The winged eye? Different story. The best faff-free route is to pull taut the corner of your eyes, draw a line from the inner corner and work outwards. For mistakes, keep cotton buds dipped in micellar water handy. And remember – a longer thicker line plus jet black ink equals dramatic wing. Go big or don’t bother.
1. Burberry Matte Glow Foundation £40, feelunique.com
2. Smashbox Photo Finish Fresh Setting Powder £29.50, johnlewis.co.uk
3. Huda Beauty Life Liner £22, cultbeauty.co.uk
4. Fenty Pro Filt’r Primer £26, boots.com
5. Chanel Exclusive Creation Rouge Allure in Rouge Noble £35, chanel.com