By Funmi Fetto
Statement eyes needn’t be outlandish. This subtle take on a classic look is very easy to live with. Plus, a wonder mask
The idea that a statement eye has to be outlandish is old school. This modern take on the winged eye, seen at Christian Siriano SS21, is an excellent example of a statement eye that isn’t too intimidating to look at or to pull off. Use an inky black liner to draw a line across the eye crease. Draw another one close to the top lash line, extending it outwards until the two lines meet. Dab a punch of colour on half your eyelid and keep everything else neutral: it’s a statement eye, not a statement face.
1. La Bouche Rouge The Eyebrow Serum £39, harrods.com
2. ByMe x My Beauty Brand Jeannine Black Liquid Eyeliner £15, mybeautybrand.com
3. Charlotte Tilbury Hyaluronic Happikiss £25, charlottetilbury.com
4. Byredo Prismic Eyeshadow Palette £77, byredo.com
5. Marc Jacobs Beauty Extra Shot Caffeine Concealer £30, harveynichols.com