By Funmi Fetto
Colour-washed eyes for retro escapism. Plus, a serum to soothe skin, and winter candles
Nostalgic beauty isn’t always a bad thing. Colourful makeup can be joyous and fun – which we all need right now. So let’s go all out with a multicoloured look as per the Dries Van Noten AW20 show. Things to note: a good foundation is a requisite to even out the skin. Colour around the eyes should be a wash – achieve it using a damp brush dipped in colour. The lips, however, are best kept bold, opaque and unapologetic. But avoid blush. It’s already teetering nicely on the brink of 80s pop star territory. Cheek colour will tip it over the edge.
1. Glossier Boy Brow in Auburn £14, glossier.com
2. Huda #FauxFilter Skin Finish Foundation Stick £32, cultbeauty.com
3. Mac Lipstick in Heart Goes Boom £17.50, maccosmetics.co.uk
4. Kevyn Aucoin Blitz Kid Palette £47, selfridges.com
5. By Joy Little Mama brush £13.50, byjoyadenuga.com